Monday, January 1, 2018

Bootsale 01.03

The time has come.
The winter break is over. No more excuses.
Outdoor grass craboot is reopening exactly on 1st of March.
Time for my Wednesday, after school drop-off extravaganza.

I didn't know what to expect as it is still rather chilly but I guess there must be a group of clients and eager regulars from the other side!!!!
Very happy I biked - it was sleepy and only alleys full but still - good old fun!

Firstly from big box of 'victorian' porcelain dolls I managed to dug out very unusual doll...
Her scale is a bit annoying /unusual but she is sort of ball jointed and with a string and I guess her face sculpt has quite a potential...
As she is Mattel made I managed to find she is a blonde Gabby doll from line of three young girls called 'Teen Trends' - never heard of them...
Her body is like large Wee Friends, max 11-13 yo, measuring ca 14".


I am considering her as a second candidate for the singing Cindirella tall body - 
now under Chincz girl...

 make-up is not from my favorite Barbie era and definitely has to go! 
So does her dry platinum blonde hair....
here she is after quick angry haircut - looking rather punk and fed up<3
 I've been working on removing stains and prepared her face for repaint... 
she is waiting over 6 months so far...
lots of potential here (and elastics which give in after soaking in hot water;-)





I bet they were not very successful... not a bad idea, easy to operate, dress and sew for doll this size but I guess young girls want something glamour/adult like Barbie or larger Generation or American girl friend me thinks...



Gabby as brand new in her box
I brawsed eBay and there was a brunette friends for her but since i plan to modify her 
it reaaaallly didn't make sense:-)
They come with a nice suitcase wardrobe tho...

***
oh dear... and then I moved to the old house scrapers section or whoever they are...
and i saw her lying very sad, face down with a broken arm...
She was huge and heavy and 200% creepy but guy said 'two pounds' and it started to rain...
so what could I do... only hope to resale it obviously...

This is how my ride home looked like that day...

oh dear... she is sooo ugly but hair are 100% alpaca and hand-made using felting needle...


all very naturalistic 22" of vinyl and at least 3 kg of weight...



It seems to be some Spanish toy producer. 
Still operating but no doll of this size nowhere to be seen on internet...



I fixed her arm and supported thorn canvas with silver tape.
managed to sell her for x10 of investment.




New owner was very happy. Redressed her and even send me a picture (my first time <3) That's so cool - I was worried I cannot bit her in any corner of my room but luckily she was gone in second week:-)

p.s. I guess it was some well done custom with mat fixant, needlefelted hair and glued sleepy-eyes...


**  **  **

4 comments:

  1. Gabby zdecydowanie ma potencjał, jestem bardzo ciekawa jak będzie wyglądała po przeróbkach. :)
    Bobas ma ciekawe oczka, ale ja bym go nawet za te 2 funty nie wzięła... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. odspzredalam za dziesieciokrotnie wiecej, conajmniej - nie boj nic;-)

      Delete
  2. mam dokładnie taką samą blondi -
    również marzę o zmianie makijażu :)

    bobaskowe stópki wystające z torby
    na rowerze nie do zapomnienia :DDD

    ReplyDelete
  3. przetrala mi sie gumka w Gabbi.. ale za to podpelza coraz blizej biurka... jest nadzieja

    ReplyDelete